Monday, October 20, 2008

Obama Thinks He is Superman, Come to Save the Earth! by Dr. Stephen Yulish

Although this is a few days late, still relevant....Amy J.


Obama thinks he is superman, come to save the Earth! by Stephen Yulish

At a charity event last night, Obama claimed his own "greatest strength would be my humility."
Said Obama: "Contrary to the rumors you have heard, I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father, Jor-el, to save the planet Earth," a reference to Superman.
I know a little about jokes as you all well know (it is in the Jewish DNA) and I know a little about humility (also not in the Jewish DNA) but this guy is a pompous fool. As the old adage goes, 'much truth is said in jest'. Obama has the chutzpa not only to compare himself with Jesus, but then to say that he is superman come to save the earth. That goes over the line in my book and is not funny but is overly prideful and haughty. Humility? Yeah right! He as President? God have mercy on us.


Stephen Yulish PhD


---
Self-directed humor cools rhetoric
Candidates poke fun at themselves for a good cause
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK - "John McCain and Barack Obama swapped self-deprecating jokes instead of campaign jabs Thursday night, the Republican saying he had replaced his team of senior advisers with "Joe the plumber" while the Democrat claimed his own "greatest strength would be my humility."
Said Obama: "Con...

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/mailstory-clickthru/262852.php

No comments: