Thursday, October 9, 2008

REBELLIOUS CHILDREN by Joanne Lowe

“I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts.”

Isaiah 65: 2

King James Version


I remember one time when I was a teenager that I wanted to do something and my Mother told me that I couldn’t. I kept asking her and hounding her to get permission to do what I wanted to do. She finally got exasperated and upset and said “Do what you want. It doesn’t matter what I say. You’re going to do it your way anyway.”


I think that sometimes we treat God the same way that I treated my Mother. If He tells us no or doesn’t give us an answer when we want it, we may not say that we are going to do it our way or even think it but we do it our way anyway. I’m reminded of what I heard Bill Gaither say on one of their Homecoming tapes that I have. I don’t know if he was talking about his parents or if he was quoting someone else. No matter if it was his parents or someone else’s parents the message is the same.


Bill Gaither said “I used to think that my parents were so stupid until I went away to college. When I came home, I was surprised at how much they had learned.” When I first heard Bill say that, I laughed but then it hit me that we do the same thing to God. We sometimes think that our way is better than God’s way. Then when we fail and end up with our lives off of the perfect path that He has set for us, we realize that it is us and not Him who acted in a stupid manner.


There are a lot of good things that we can do to serve Jesus but we need to be certain that they are in His will for our lives. He may have other plans for us; plans that He hasn’t revealed to us yet. We also need to be certain that we don’t get involved doing so many things, even things that are good, that we don’t have the time to spend with Him. I received an email from someone last year who told me that she had joined so many clubs and was teaching so many Bible studies, ten Bible studies every day of the week, that she didn’t have the time to fellowship with God like she used to do. How that must hurt Him and break His heart!


It is time that we stop being rebellious children to our Heavenly Father and become obedient children. We need to remember that He knows what is best for our lives. He can see the end results and He is the only one who can make all things work together for good. Are you being obedient to God or are you one of His rebellious children? Allow God to direct you on the perfect path that He has for you. You will have a lot more peace, a lot more joy and a lot more happiness in your heart and in your life. The most important thing is that you will make the heart of our precious Saviour happy.


Joanne Lowe

October 1, 2008

joannelowe8@cox.net

No comments: