Monday, October 20, 2008

REJECTION AND RIDICULE by Joanne Lowe

“What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death. Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands.”

Matthew 26: 66, 67

King James Version


I think that most of us at one time in our lives have been rejected and ridiculed by somebody. However, nobody has ever been or ever will be rejected and ridiculed like our precious Saviour was when He was here on earth. His accusers said “He is guilty of death” but we know that is not true. Jesus had never sinned, had never done anything wrong, not one time. We are the ones who are guilty of death and if it were not for the compassion and unconditional love of Jesus for us, we would die in our sins and spend all eternity in hell with satan.


It hurts when we are rejected and ridiculed. My heart has been broken many times in my life because I was rejected and ridiculed. The scorn and humiliation that I endured was nothing compared to the scorn and humiliation that Jesus suffered for us. Just think about it, Jesus had never done anything wrong and yet He willingly walked that long and lonely road to Calvary and there allowed them to crucify Him on a cross of horror and agony. He did it all for us. We are the ones who deserved to die but our precious Saviour took our place and died for us.


Heavenly Father, thank You for opening Your tender loving heart of compassion, grace, mercy and forgiveness to us. Thank You for sending Your beloved Son into the world to save us. I would not be alive today if it were not for Your precious Son. I know that You must have missed Him terribly. I can’t even begin to imagine how Your heart must have broken the day Your Son left Heaven to come to earth. I appreciate all that You have done for me. Thank You for loving me. I love You, dear Heavenly Father.


Jesus, there are no words to tell You how much I love You. It is because of You that I am alive today. You are the reason I get out of bed in the morning. You have done so much for me and I don’t deserve anything. O how I love You, my precious Saviour. On that glorious day when I see You, I will put my arms around You and give You a big hug and try to tell You how much You mean to me and how much I love You. Again, thank You from the bottom of my heart for loving me unconditionally. Amen.


Joanne Lowe

October 17, 2008

joannelowe8@cox.net

http://fromtheheartofjesus.blogspot.com/

No comments: